Saturday, October 18, 2014

Waiting on US Approval


We received our Letter of Receipt from the USCIS - Homeland Security.  They send a letter informing you that they did receive your paperwork and payment.  We still need to wait for the actual biometrics (electronic fingerprints) appointment.  We are hopeful that it will come next week.  They usually schedule a month out, so most likely not until mid to late November.  Then, you wait to get an officer and wait for that officer to approve your application.   This approvals lets us know that the US will allow us to adopt a child internationally.  After this step, our paperwork can be sent to China and we begin the BIG wait for approval for official matching with our son.  Every step takes so much longer than I want it to.  But, I know there is a bigger plan that I do not see.  I am trusting in God's timing.  I am thankful to be at this step.  Unfortunately, my fingerprints are horrible.  I always get anxious when this appointment ends up falling during cold weather.  Time to start using lotions and wearing gloves. :)

He is sooooo worth it!!  (This video is quite a few years old, but he is just so cute!  I adore that I have these gifts of early glimpses.  God is so good!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment