Monday, November 17, 2014

US Approval and an Update on Kristyn!! :)

What a Monday!!  I usually don't get very excited about Mondays, but this one turned out to be a GREAT day!!

We received our i800a approval over the weekend.  This approval means that our paperwork can be authenticated.  What does this mean?  In about 3 weeks, our paperwork will FINALLY be on it's way to CHINA!!!  I mailed our paperwork to our agency on Friday afternoon.  The approval came on Saturday.  Our paperwork arrived at our agency in Alabama TODAY!  Our social worker already got started on the authentication process.  I know... too many exclamation points, I am just so excited.  It seemed that it couldn't get any better, but it did!

We received a second email that we had an update on our sweet Kristyn!  We had asked a few questions only 10 days ago and received answers today.  I told you it was a fantastic Monday!  There weren't any pictures sent this time, but I love reading the responses to our questions.  I think I have them memorized!

I will share some of the highlights with you.  (These are direct quotes, so excuse the choppy English.)

"She is an outgoing and happy girl.  She gets along with other children very well.  She is always sweet and likes to share.  She likes to play games with other children.  She likes sports, especially likes to run.  She is not a picky eater.  She likes everything except spicy food.  She attends school, is in first grade, and can do all the math for first grade children.  My favorite thing about Kristyn is she is a very happy and active child.  She also studies hard.  She is always very excited to learn new things.  She likes to read and enjoys reading different books.  She also has a very well imagination.  She only wears a brace on one leg, has therapy once a week and acupuncture."

Can you stand it?!?!  Does she not sound like the perfect child for our family!!  Okay, this makes the waiting WAY WORSE!!  I can't wait to squeeze this precious child and bring her home!  My favorite part is that she likes to run.  She has cerebral palsy and it sounds like she is doing really well.  We are so excited!  Please pray for a speedy process, I think this will be the worst wait yet.  Of course, I always say that, but this will be the longest that I've stared at my kiddos' faces before I could go and bring them home.

Here's a picture of our sweet daughter when she was about 4 years old.

1 comment: