Thursday, August 13, 2015

Choosing Thankfulness

Greed and envy almost stole my thankfulness.  

We went out for my twice annual clearance shopping trip yesterday.  I try to stockpile the next size clothes when the season ends, so it is ready to go for the following year.  I was on the hunt for good deals for both Brayden and Meilynn for next summer.  I had missed out on last summer's clearance, so I knew that I would need plenty this year.

After rummaging through the deals at Walmart, we headed to Younkers.  I was distracted by all of the adorable outfits they have out for Fall.  I found my thoughts drifting and dreaming.  If only I had fewer children... I could provide the trendy, cute outfits I saw mothers purchasing for their little angels.

Wait... Where was my heart leading?  God has provided.  Not only do we have what we need, He provides above and beyond!  He has blessed us with 6 amazing adoptions!  We have food on the table for every meal, we eat out sometimes, and we even get desserts.  We eat well.  No one is left wishing for more food.  The kiddos are clothed.  They have closets full of clothes that we have been blessed with from other families and great shopping deals.

Daily, I need to choose thankfulness!  I should not wish for what I don't have, but dwell on what I do!!  For only $130, we are set for next summer and got leggings for the girls for Fall.  Thank you God for ALL you provide!


No comments:

Post a Comment