Saturday, February 14, 2015

Advocating for Some Sweet Valentines!

Last year I shared 14 Valentines... 14 kiddos that needed someone to say "yes"! At least 6 of them either have families working on bringing them home, or are already home with their family! It is too late for one of them. She had a family pursuing her and decided that she was "unlovable", she decided not to be adopted.
This is why I advocate and ask you to pray for these kiddos. My wish is for every one of them to experience the love of a family, before it is too late. Before, they begin to believe the lie that they are somehow not worthy of a family. :( The sad truth is that they are currently living in orphanages, and some are better than others, but NONE replace a family!
At the age of 14, orphans in China “age out”. This means that they are no longer able to be adopted. They will never know the love of a family. Some children are handed their few belongings (if any) and turned out on the street. Others are lucky enough to be allowed to stay at the orphanage for a few more years. However, the prospects are dire for either of these. Suicide rates for the orphaned children skyrocket to 50% or more. A few, very few, are allowed an education. There are VERY limited jobs available for kids with no parents in a society that devalues the orphan. Even if they beat all of these odds, imagine life without family. There is no one there to celebrate the first job, no one watching them walk down the aisle, no one waiting to hold their first grand baby.


My heart aches and cries out for these children!

I survey the room and realize that this could have been the fate of Meilynn, Kaitlyn, Ryan, or Addisyn. Tears stream down my face as I realize what WE would have missed out on. The countless smiles that spread across our faces at their antics, the endless hugs and kisses we all receive, and the whispers of “I love you” that flourish in our hearts.

So please visit my advocacy site!  
http://andersonadvocacy.blogspot.com/

I hope that you will join me in praying for these beautiful, precious children who are looking for a family to bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment