Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ryan Turned 4!!

We were blessed to celebrate another birthday with our dear Ryan.  


I can't help but stop and think about our amazing journey to him.  I think of the woman who gave birth to him half way around the world.  She must have wanted so much more for him than she could offer.  Does she still think of him, especially today?  Does she question the decision she made 4 years ago?  How I wish there was a way to let her know how completely he is loved and adored!  


We spent this evening as a family of 8, since a snowstorm dissolved any hope of a bigger party.  However, when I saw the joy on Ryan's face as we sang "Happy Birthday", he blew out the candles, ate his cake, and opened his presents, I realized how grateful I am to be his mama and how perfect our little party was.  

I call him our surprise addition.  It is a magical story how he became a part of our family, from clearly hearing God's voice to include a son in our last adoption to coming full circle and getting referred the little guy that caught Mark's attention and whispered "go for it" to his heart.  Ryan is a perfect addition to our family.  He has taught us that we could love an adopted son just as much as a biological son.  He entertains, helps, and loves with his whole being.  We love this little guy more than words can express.  I pray that his birth mother has a peace tonight, somehow knowing that her little boy is cherished beyond belief.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment