Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Thoughts and Ramblings on Adoption

I was sitting on the couch with Mark (after the kiddos went to bed) watching "The Proposal".  It was so nice to just sit and relax and have some couple time.  I realized that my choice movies are "The Proposal" and "While You Were Sleeping".  Mark wondered if I ever noticed that they have a common theme, a woman who grows up without family and finally finds the tangible memory of family in the one she becomes a part of.  By this time, I am always a weepy mess.  It dawned on me, yes, this is my passion.  That feeling you get when others realize what family is and what it feels like to be part of one and never want to let go.


We have been blessed to watch all eight of our kiddos become a part of the family, however, this is such an indescribable gift when it comes to our older kiddos' adoptions.  I cannot accurately explain the pure joy of observing them beginning to truly feel a part of our family and begin to understand what the love of family is and what it means.  Every once and awhile you can catch them stepping back and taking it all in, as if to absorb the utter warmth of family.  Then, the transition begins, it is no longer a marvel and becomes a part of them.  They don't have to contemplate, because they are a part of it.  I watch my Littles explain what family is.  They can tell the newest additions the story of our family.  They tell tale of mothers in China that couldn't care for them, so now they have a Forever mama and daddy.  This mama and daddy will be with them FOREVER.  They are part of our family now.  They are ANDERSONS.  Thank you God for this amazing gift of family!  I stand in awe of how You work at piecing it together!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment