Thursday, March 3, 2016

Timeline For #7

As most of you know, I am the QUEEN of timelines.  I plan, create spreadsheets, stalk sites, and chart every date I can get my hands on.  I can not begin to tell you how extremely disappointed I was when the site that I followed and got most of my info from for our last 6 adoptions disappeared last year (the founder stopped funding it).  Fast forward to earlier this week, I mentioned my disappointment on a facebook group and the last keeper of the chart agreed to start the chart up again!!  That's what I'm talking about!!  I get my chart!  How else would I survive this process??  So, here we go again.  I will try and update this timeline and see how I do at estimating.  We are at the VERY beginning of the process.  All of our adoptions have taken about 9 months, so I would guess this one will be very close (though I am always hoping to make up time somewhere)! ;)


LOI (Letter of Interest to China requesting to adopt our daughter) – 2/26
PA (Pre-Approval from China agreeing to let us pursue our daughter) – 3/3

Homestudy Complete - 4/20 

i800a (US approval) application sent - 4/22

Approved i800a - 5/19
 
DTC (Dossier to China, official paperwork sent to China) - 6/10

LID (Logged In Date, China officially records receiving our paperwork, we're "in line") - 6/30

LOA (Letter of Acceptance, China approved us to bring home our daughter)!! - 8/9

i800 Approved (US approves us to bring Emilyn home) - 8/24 
NVC (Visa center sends the US Consulate notice that we will be bringing home another citizen) - 8/30

Article 5 (US Consulate in China informs Chinese government that they will issue a visa for our daughter) Drop Off - 9/6

Article 5 Pick Up (2 weeks after drop off) - 9/22

TA (Travel Approval, China says we can come get our daughter) - 9/28

CA (Consulate Appointment, all travel revolves around this date which is set after TA and determines the end of your stay.  Everything else is scheduled backwards from this appointment, our daughter becomes a US citizen and we get to travel home.) - 10/25

Made up some time!!  WILL make it in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment