Monday, March 15, 2021

Financing This Journey

  

I’m honestly shaking with excitement, thankfulness, and awe! Let me explain.

When we started this adoption, I figured we might be able to raise 5,000. I had done the calculations and knew that this adoption would cost much more than any previous adoptions. I figured that, after raising 5,000, we would need to cover about 60,000 with loans. I spent hours snowballing debt and determining how to pay it off in 4 years. Then, friends and family showed up in BIG ways, supporting us through donations, sales, and matching challenges. With your help, we have raised 23,400! We have also been blessed with two adoption grants totaling 7,000. We have saved and set aside all that we could, so we have an adoption account with 12,000 in it.
 

I stood amazed last week as I reveled in what this meant. We would only need one loan for about half. This means I could pay it off in about a year and a half.
 
But wait!!!!! It just got BETTER! Our third stimulus is pending in our account ready to drop on Wednesday. Before you calculate, this is HUGE! But, it’s even bigger than that! NOW, we have a huge stimulus payment ready to be deposited and transferred straight to our adoption savings account. Do you know what this means?!?!?!
 
ONLY 8,000 and we will be fully funded!!! You all, I don’t even know how to process this all. We have NEVER been fully funded. We have borrowed, used inheritance, taken out home equity loans, worked extra hours… Our God AMAZES me!!
 
I doubted. So often I doubted. I would lower the amount we posted as a goal. I would limit the number of puzzle pieces, so that half a puzzle wouldn’t be left. I doubted. But, that didn’t stop God. Through prayers and financial gifts that were understandably difficult during a pandemic, you have brought us here! From 65,000 to 8,000! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment