Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Introducing the cutest 7 year old Chinese boy

Yeah, I had to be THAT specific!  You see, we will have THREE seven year olds in a matter of months!  That's right... Jayson, Kaitlyn, and our new little guy will all be seven once November rolls around and Kaitlyn turns seven.  I thought about "cutest 7 year old", but our other two seven year olds are pretty adorable also.  I thought about "cutest 7 year old Asian child", but Kaitlyn's pretty irresistible.  So, I had to go with the super specific title. :)  We love our "twinned" kiddos and I am fairly confident that "triplets" will be even more fun! ;)

We had our first (and only) home study visit yesterday.  We were blessed to get the same social worker that we have for Addi and Ryan, so all of our post-placement visits count towards the new adoption as well!  She is now busily modifying the report we did 2 years ago.  It was fun to think of all of the changes that occurred in the past 2 years.  Thank goodness a lot stayed the same, which saves time since those parts can be used again.  Of course, we had to joke about how long she will be stuck with us, about 7 years.  We also had to fill her in, since she got a very surprising email not long ago!  We were going to ask her about writing our new home study during our 1 year post placement about 1.5 months ago.  That was the same day that we received the news that we would qualify for $10,000 less than we anticipated.  We assumed this was a closed door, so shed a few tears as a family and put on a happy face before she arrived.  Only to find out the next day that there was a miscalculation and we were back on track.  We decided to wait until all of the pieces fell into place before we requested her to write our new home study.  So, you can imagine her surprise when she received the email a couple of weeks later!  Needless to say, we had a lot to talk about.  I love telling the story of our journey, recalling all of the blessings encountered along the way.  I also recalled how I fell in love with him.

I have been blessed with so many glimpses of our little guy.  I've seen pictures of him growing up from his file that was prepared when he was only 3.  There have been videos that had been recorded for and through various agencies.  I kept stumbling across more of them. I even had a dear lady email me updated information and video she had received when her family considered him.  These are such a blessing, especially since we will have quite a wait to get through the remaining steps.  Therefore, I thought I would introduce you to him in the same fashion.  



I think I will start with the very first video I saw of him.  He was on an agency's list and they had video of him from a Hope Camp.  This is a few days to week long event when multiple agencies meet kiddos that are available for adoption from a given area of China.  They have a chance to video them, interact and evaluate them.  I am so thankful he was part of this opportunity, so that our journey to each other could begin!  So, without further adieu, here is the little boy I fell in love with!


2 comments:

  1. Adorable!! He is precious! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right he is the cutest!! God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete