Thursday, December 11, 2014

Taking a Moment for a Blessing Inventory!



I am always surprised at how God provides!  There are so many families that have stepped up to help in big and small ways.  I so appreciate it!  This is just one way that God reminds me to stop worrying, He will provide for all of our needs.  Here are a few recent examples.


A few weeks ago a family from church decided to clean out their closets.  They have 3 boys that are Brayden’s age and older.  They asked if we would like the clothes that their boys have outgrown.  YES!!  We can always use a little boost to the wardrobe (especially for the boys, they tend to be a bit rougher on clothes).  J  When I went to my car to transfer the goods, I thought maybe there would be a few things, but my trunk was filled with 2 HUGE boxes and one more had to ride home on the front seat.  That evening, Mark and I started unpacking the boxes.  My eyes welled up, the boxes were filled with clothes in great condition (some with tags still on).  Brayden and Jayson have found sweatshirts to wear.  They love getting new stuff and some of it is even Michigan State!  There are shorts and shirts that I can take with us for our new son this summer.  Words cannot express my gratitude.


A little over a month ago, Mark and I talked about adoption in the church service.  One of the moms in the church approached me afterwards.  She remembered me saying that I could always have more kids if I could just get more bunkbeds.  They had a bunkbed they were trying to get rid of.  She wondered if I would be interested?!  YES!!  We had just been talking about needing to get another bunkbed and wondering how we would afford one.  I have seen pictures, this is a nice bunkbed!  All the children will have a place to sleep now!


A teacher friend at school was cleaning out her closets.  She has a son and he recently moved into a full bed.  She realized that they had a bunch of twin sheet sets that didn’t fit any beds in their house.  Would I be interested?  YES!!  Imagine if you will trying to keep up with 6 (soon to be 8) twin beds.  Sometimes the laundry doesn’t get done in a single day.  Sometimes the Littles’ sheets get “dirty”.  :-/  There just aren’t enough sheets around here.  While she was cleaning out the closet she stumbled on some coats and snowpants.  They are wonderful coats AND just the size Ryan will need this year and next!


Folks, God provides!!  When we don’t expect it and when we forget to ask… He will take care of us. 
Our Biggest Blessings!!

1 comment: