Friday, July 17, 2015

The Paradox That I Call Life



My life is such a paradox…

There are times when it is so overwhelming to meet all of our kiddos’ needs, when I realize that it is both a privilege and seemingly impossible to feed them all and give them the attention they desire.

Then, there are the times when life seems to go pretty smoothly, when my mind turns to all of those precious faces that are left behind in China.  Could I go to serve in China with all of these cherubs?  Could we find the resources, finances, and energy to bring more home? (Insert concerned face of my husband adamantly nodding "no way"!!)

It is in times like these that God gives me a little gift.  I am thrilled when I find out that another family has stepped forward and claimed one of these kiddos as their own.  I have had the privilege of connecting with 10 families of the precious children I have advocated for.  I catch the joy they have in following God’s leading and welcoming these blessings into their family.  I even got to meet 2 of these sweet angels and their families in China on our last adoption trip.

Please continue to pray for these precious children, along with the hundreds of thousands waiting for a family.  And… don’t forget to keep your heart open to God’s leading…

No comments:

Post a Comment