Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Waiting on Our First US Approval



It has been awhile since I have blogged. I feel like there hasn’t been a lot of movement on the adoption front, but most of this process is “hurry up and wait”. We are currently waiting for the first US approval. They have received our application and will now send us a biometric appointment (electronic fingerprint scan) that can only be done at a USCIS office out of town. Most likely, it will be a few weeks before we have the appointment. The wait for approval after this step has been taking a very long time; however, there has recently been some shortening of time. I am hoping this trend continues.

In the meantime, our addition has been completed. We are still waiting on the grading to be done. We are fully moved in, however, and enjoying the extra space! Our kiddos seem quite happy with their new bedroom arrangements. We are all enjoying the family room. I love cooking in my new open kitchen. And having four full bathrooms is a dream. 

We were blessed to have a couple traveling to meet their first child from the same orphanage as our daughter take her an album and cuddle.  We were also blessed with some pics and a short video.  I love seeing pictures of her, but it makes the wait more difficult… I long to hold her. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment