Monday, January 16, 2017

A Look Back: Orphanage Visit

This was a TOUGH day!  I wasn't sure how Emilyn was going to handle it, but realized how important it was.  Our kiddos love to talk about their orphanage and life in China and it is tough for the three that we didn't have the opportunity to visit.  

Emilyn really struggled and cried a lot.  I didn't have the chance to interact as much as I would have liked with the waiting kiddos, but that's okay.  Unfortunately, the two kiddos that I advocated for weren't there.  I was really hoping to meet them!  I did fall in love with the cutest, kindest little guy!  He was so sweet and kept trying to comfort Emilyn.  I will be watching for his file, so I can advocate!!

You could tell how much she was loved!

The beautiful part was how strong her attachment was.  Every time I would hand her over so that someone could say goodbye, she would reach for me to take her back!  That was a blessing!!

My heart broke for the older kiddos and all of those that wait.  I did have the chance to meet two sweet boys who had mamas coming for them (one is already home).  However, it is difficult after meeting child after child after child... hundreds of them, and realizing only a handful are paper ready and able to be adopted right now. :( Even all of those aren't finding families.

No comments:

Post a Comment