Monday, January 16, 2017

A Look Back: Our Days in Yinchuan

Emilyn was attached, but still in shock with so much change.  So, I did what any mama would do... I threw my OCD nature to the wind and we played ripping up Kleenexes and blowing the pieces all over the room like snow.  That did it!  She came out of her shell and we had smiles, laughing, and babbling.
 

We took a walk in a beautiful park.  I even found the building that I had used as a cover photo from Yinchuan. It was a gorgeous day!  We met some Chinese mamas out with their beautiful babies and talked for awhile.  And, an outing wasn't complete until Catherine was asked for a photo shoot!  Those sunglasses and that blonde hair made her a ROCK STAR! ;)



When we arrived at our hotel in Yinchuan, I was very discouraged.  They only had a shower, no tub!  It is not easy to hold onto a slippery baby in the shower. Auntie Catherine to the rescue... a cheap pink tote became the perfect bathtub!

We spent a morning with the amazing Staffords again.  Emilyn had her first playdate and we got lunch at their coffee shop, after picking up their son (adopted from Chongqing, just like Ryan).




No comments:

Post a Comment