Monday, May 11, 2015

Fifth Day in Beijing - Greyson's Gotcha Day



Hi everyone, this is Mark here.  April wanted me to post what she has briefly written below.  She was uploading pictures and the internet went down so she would have to start over, but since it is getting late and Greyson needs to hit the hay, she wanted me to just post this if I could.  He is staying with the girls tonight so pray that he and April sleep well!!  Hopefully I don't hear a knock on the wall because that means she is in trouble and needs my help!  So stay tuned for pictures tomorrow (your tonight) since I don't know how to load those. Maybe I can get a few up on Facebook, but the bulk of them will hopefully be put on the blog later.  We have just had a really LOOONG day.  

From April:
I will have to write more later, it has been a LONG day.  However, I know you are all waiting for an update!  I did not sleep well last night, I was so nervous about today.  We got up at about 5:15 and got ready.  At 6 am, we headed down to breakfast.  Then at 6:50 am we set off for the orphanage.  It was a long ride.  It took us about 45 minutes.    We finally arrived and took a few pictures outside.  We were ushered into a waiting room with 2 other families.  One couple was meeting their 3 year old son and the other couple was meeting twin boys under 2.  There was paperwork to fill out.  Then, they started bringing in the kids.  The other kiddos came in first.  Jingjing was the final one to come in.  He came in laughing and giggling and said “mama” and “baba” right away.  















I have to be honest, I have had a hard time today.  I knew he was full of vigor with a touch of mischief, but was not prepared for the ball of energy we got.  He is smaller than Kaitlyn, not much bigger than Ryan.  He is VERY loud and VERY active.  He began the day hitting and throwing.  Mark has been a pillar of strength and positive support.  He continues to let me know that we will make this together and is an amazing father!  We have had to say no a lot while understanding the importance of responding 9/10 with love and 1/10 with discipline.  We are lucky that he allows us to love on him.  We can hold him and hug him.  He lets me carry him when we go out, which is phenomenal for bonding, but I am going to have huge biceps!  I am also able to kiss him on the cheek and say “Wo Ai Jingjing” (I love Greyson).  He also allowed me to give him a bath as soon as we got back from the orphanage.  As soon as we got home, we went to McDonald’s and he peed all over the floor, his clothes, Mark’s arm, and Kait’s hand.  Ugghhh, well, we got that meal to go and now we make him sit on the toilet anytime he cries “Neow, Neow”.  We did make it through dinner at Pizza Hut and this kid must not have gotten much food.  Poor thing was a wreck if we didn’t keep his plate full.  










We also went to Civil Affairs, where he became an Anderson.  We managed to get Pizza Hut and he loved it.  He had to go to the bathroom and I had 3 waitresses trying to take him.  It was difficult to explain that I had to be the one to do this.  We also walked around the Glory Mall and took a picture near the cutest big panda.  We see these glimpses of this amazing kid that is smart and funny and loving, but he has layers of orphanage to work through.  PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY!!!  We all really need a good night’s sleep!  We have seen progress even in today, but it will be a process.  We will need lots of prayer!










No comments:

Post a Comment