Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day Ramblings

I am sitting here anxiously dreaming about tomorrow!  I will become a mother to another child tomorrow.  In my heart, he has been my child for a long time.  I have written many posts about how I grew to love him.  I have prayed for him for over a year and a half.  Tomorrow is the beginning of forever!  Tomorrow, Greyson will begin to truly learn who we are and what it means to be an Anderson. 


It is raining here in Beijing on Mother's Day in China.  This is so fitting.  The rain represents both renewal and sadness.  Spring rains promise new life, while the rain reminds me of tears.  It is very symbolic of this journey.  We are about to have a new life.  Greyson will begin his Forever.  This is only possible because of the tears of a mother over 6 years ago.   She scribbled a quick note with his birth date on it, loving him enough to give him a piece of history.  He then had to wait 6 years for a family to call him their own.  I will never know why it took so long, and I am sure that is not what his birth mother envisioned.  However, I am thankful for God's timing.  I am so very thankful that I get to be the one he will call mother forever!!  This will happen early tomorrow morning.  On the evening of Mother's Day in the US, I will get my fourth son.  What an absolutely perfect way to spend Mother's Day!




We pray that he will feel the love that we have for him.  We hope that somehow he will understand this concept of family.  Please pray for him!  Pray that he will open his heart and become vulnerable and feel the love we have him!  Pray for our attachment and that we can cement our bond before we add our daughter.  Thank you for all of the prayers we have already felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment