Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Fifth Day in Guangzhou - Passport Day



Not much to write about again today.  Soon, it will pick up as we begin our touring.

We didn’t have anything scheduled until this afternoon at 3.  So, we hung out at the apartment and relaxed today.  I did a little searching and found some updates on the Sunshine Academy that Kristyn attended while at her orphanage.  They are an amazing organization and the reason she understands some English already!  She is so smart and we are very blessed that she had this opportunity, since her orphanage was added in November 2011.  This is one of their biggest centers.  If you would like to read an article about it, including some information on her orphanage (Dongguan), click HERE.

I was thankful that we had bought groceries yesterday, allowing me to fix lunch here.  It has been pouring all day.  We had noodles, peanut butter sandwiches, and potato chips.  

At 3pm, we set out for the police station.  As soon as we arrived, Mark and I recognized this familiar place (where we had waited twice before).  It was so quick compared to Greyson’s experience!  We were back at the hotel within an hour!!  We now have both official adoption certificates. :)  The Chinese portion of paperwork is complete, on to the US portion in order to get these two home!!  I also saw one of the little girls that I advocated for with her family!  Sweet Mariella, or Zinnia, who so desperately needed someone to love her and get her some medical attention.  It brought tears to my eyes to see her happily with a loving family!!  God’s timing is sooooo good, who could have orchestrated meeting them in China!!

After returning, our guide translated some informational papers from Kristyn’s orphanage for me.  I needed to get some copies of Greyson’s passport (which finally came from Beijing, a huge relief) and I needed to exchange some money.  We decided to head out to Pizza Hut in the torrential downpour.  So, with umbrellas galore, we set out.  Most of us ended up getting pretty wet and a few were upset about that.  But then I looked over at my beautiful newest daughter… Here she is laughing and giggling and dancing in the rain.  I learn so much from my children.  So, on the way back, we all decided to just enjoy the moment. :)
 
SISTERS!!!!

Always an entertainer!

"Trailah" (Eggplant) - Cheese in Chinese, now we say "Eggplant" :)


Always posing

Never slows down, unless it's close to bed

More poses


Love this sweet girl!

Tomorrow, we get to visit Kristyn’s orphanage!  We are so excited!!!  We will leave very early in the morning.  I am sure that I will have lots to post about tomorrow night!  Then, the kiddos have their medicals on Friday.  Please pray that we don’t have any problems with the TB tests!  There are a few cases where there is a false positive.  Just last week, we met a mom and daughter that had a false positive test.  The dad had to get back to the states for their other daughters and mom and newly adopted 10 year old girl were stuck here for up to 6 weeks!!  We were praying for them to get good news on Monday and we haven’t seen them since PTL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment